Monday, June 27, 2011

Sunday Supper

On Friday, I stopped at Trader Joe's on my way home from work and bought all sorts of crazy stuff. I went in looking for yogurt, and came out with bagels, frozen tamales, plums and a box of quinoa (keen-wah.) When I unpacked my spoils at home, my mom insisted (well, asked nicely) I make dinner one night this week using some of my new ingredients. We decided on Sunday, and it was quite the feast if I may say so myself.

The quinoa turned into Easy Quinoa Stir Fry, which was the recipe featured on the back of the box. Cooked quinoa mixed with sauteed onions, bell pepper, garlic and fresh basil. To serve, we topped it with some parmesean cheese.


Flavorful and filling! Plus 10% of daily iron!


The main dish was salmon on the grill, which my dad was in charge of. Wild caught. Yummy.


And we had two sides from the garden! I picked a zucchini, sliced it and brushed it with a combination of Garlic Garni, olive oil and pepper before handing it to Dad to grill. Definitely an excellent way to enjoy zucchini.


Also from the garden, the first watermelon! I really wasn't sure if it was ready or not, but it hadn't changed significantly in size for over a week, so I thought I should bring it in and try it. When I first sliced it, it was kind of pinky-yellow, so I wasn't sure it was "done" yet, but flavor wise it tasted pretty good!!


Plus, it's oh so cute!


That's my petite watermelon on the left next to the gigantic one from the store. Ha ha .

No comments:

Post a Comment