Saturday, June 25, 2011

Food Obsessed

There was a really interesting piece on NPR's Talk of the Nation last Thursday about how we perceive/keep time. A few people called into the show to share the unique ways they kept time, and what time meant to them.

Had I not been driving to work and felt the need to call in, I would have said that I measure time by meals and food. Is it lunchtime yet? Will I be able to make it to dinner without a snack? At night, when I start to get hungry again after dinner, I know it is probably time for bed.

And had I called in, I would have been totally alone in my observation/time keeping methods. Breaking up the day with meals seems like the most natural thing in the world to me. Am I really that much more into food than the average person?

Signs point to YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment