Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014 and beyond

Whether or not you make resolutions, I am sure you have had your fill by now and I promise to keep this short.

I don't know if it was the two rejuvenating weeks of sunshine over the holidays, or the realization that at 28 my life is truly what I make of it, but for whatever reason I am feeling optimistic about the new year.  I want to hang on to that feeling for as long as possible, and have set the following goals to help me improve along the way.

First up, my weekly goals (which are pretty similar to last year):

  • Exercise for at least 30 minutes 5X/week
  • Cook from a recipe 1X/week
  • Blog 1X/week
  • Write a letter 1X/week
  • Do something interesting 1X/week

Secondly, hoping to take advantage of this wave of motivation, I have also set a winter goal of "30 mins or 1 shelf/cupboard/drawer of organizing per day" to help me pare down my extra stuff.

And third, in lieu of more formal resolutions I have written a "30 before 30" list of thirty things I want to do before my 30th birthday in 21 months.  The full list has its own page that can be accessed through the menu bar up top.  I will be crossing off items as I finish them, and assessing my progress every six months.

Here's to a happy & healthy 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment