Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Sick Day

After two four day work weeks (thanks Lee-Jackson Day!) I was rather dreading a full five days this week.  Like most worrying though, it was completely pointless since I came down with a serious sore throat on Tuesday that kept me at home and in bed 85% of today.  I don't think I have slept so much since my very first few months of existence!  Thankfully, the rest has seemed to do some good and I am hoping that another solid night of sleep will have me back to functioning human being again tomorrow.

In the meantime, I missed posting last week and there are a few things worth sharing:




















  • Greek Salad--really only called this because it has feta cheese on it.  It's been one of my staples lately for lunch and occasionally on the side at dinner.  The last few Sundays, I have pre-chopped the toppings which makes throwing everything together really easy.
  • Split Pea Soup with Bacon--from Family Circle. Perhaps better named "Bacon Soup with Split Peas." While far from a vegetarian these days, this recipe kind of overwhelmed me with all its bacon.  I do think I would make it again, halving the amount of bacon, and removing the veggies after they are sauteed so they don't turn to mush while the peas soften up.  
  • Fish Tacos--an easy and delicious meal.  Fish coated with cornmeal, cumin and chili powder and sauteed until crispy then topped with slaw of cabbage, creamy dressing, salsa, black beans and corn.
  • Okonomiyaki--made with some really old okonomiyaki flour and cabbage that had seen better days, this was a little disappointing.
  • Veggie Omlette--nothing too special here; eggs, spinach, tomatoes and feta cheese.  And a big dollop of ketchup.
  • Pad Thai--still using this recipe, which I think turns out pretty good.


No comments:

Post a Comment