Friday, May 31, 2013

A Week of Eats---May 27

The title of this post is a bit misleading, as the photos below include meals from over a week ago.  That's what happens when family is in town and there's a lot of eating out!



Top row, L to R:
  • Sandwich crafted with leftover ingredients from my class trip to Mountain Lake.  I've been into sandwiches lately; they hit all of the food groups, and are easy to pack.
  • Pizza! It's hard to tell, but it has pesto on one half, and red sauce on the other.
  • My haul from Christina's pantry upstairs.  She left this week for a new adventure in Phoenix, but apparently didn't want to take any of her grains with her :-P


Bottom row, L to R:
  • My first meal from the stash above.  Tostadas with black beans, mozarella and salsa verde.
  • Meal two, inspired by my need to use up my grains to make room for the new ones.  A chef salad of sorts.
  • Breakfast smoothie with banana, fresh strawberries, frozen pineapple, yogurt, almond milk and a scoop of vanilla protein powder. 


The smoothie above was the best of the week.  Coming home to a rather empty fridge on Monday meant Tuesday's was all frozen fruit (thick and cold!), Wednesday's bananas were too green, and I forgot the yogurt on Thursday which made for a really watery, unappetizing smoothie.  I have been thinking about doing a post on smoothies, but I need to up my game first with more exciting recipes and figure out how to make a glass of froth look exciting in a photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment