Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Week of Eats--May 6

I've fallen a bit behind on the blog as well as cooking in general with graduation and such.  I am excited to continue the celebration at my cousin's wedding this weekend, before getting back into a routine (of sorts) next week. 


Top row, L to R: 

  • Trader Joe's Chile + Cheese tamales with green salad; 
  • The first lettuce harvest from my garden--tender and delicious, but requires at least two washes to remove all of the grit;
  • Carrot Cake Cupcakes, perhaps it's time to invest in some wire cooling racks...


Bottom row, L to R:

  • Joy the Baker's Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies; best when eaten cold from the fridge in my opinion.
  • Mini quesadillas made with corn tortillas and queso fresco with a salad, pretty much what I have been eating for dinner 4 out of 5 nights lately.
  • Carrot Cake Cupcakes frosted.  I made these primarily as a vehicle for the cream cheese frosting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment