Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Me want cookie!

Yeah, what else is new?

Sunday night, when I probably should have been re-vamping a power point and practicing a presentation, I decided to empty my cupboards instead to make a massive batch of Quaker Oats' Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies. A bold choice that did wonders for my sanity at the time and feelings of accomplishment for the weekend. Unfortunately, I don't have the same positive remarks for the presentation :-/

Most of the ingredients. I can't believe I forgot to feature the oats. Duh.


1 3/4 sticks of butter plus 1 1/4 cups of sugar. We're off to a great start!


Who needs a mixer? Look at that creaminess, achieved with only a mini spatula and a mild arm workout. Next the eggs and vanilla get added.


Once the wet is combined, in goes the dry. 1 1/2 cups of flour and 3 cups of oats. Almost needed a bigger bowl, but somehow managed to get it all mixed with same mini spatula and minimal spillage.


And now the fun part! The original recipe calls for raisins. As if by only adding dried fruit, the nearly 2 sticks of butter at the beginning don't exist. These are cookies, and cookies = dessert, so I added my mix-ins accordingly: semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, shredded coconut (I did go with unsweetened here,) Craisins and pecans.


I used a heaping teaspoon to parcel the dough out onto the cookie sheets and ended up with about 60 cookies.


Although by the time I went to bed, there were only about 55. Quality control is an essential step that I take very seriously.


At least when my less than stellar grade comes back later this week, I will have sufficient sweets to drown my sorrows with.

No comments:

Post a Comment