Friday, April 15, 2011

T.G.I.F.

And unlike last week, I don't have to work on Saturday! Sunday is another story, but I don't want to get into that here. Oh, the joys of retail.

Because I worked through the weekend last week, this week has seemed kind of long. I had Tuesday off, but Wednesday was a long day and everyone seemed like they were in a rush yesterday, so I am really looking forward to my day off tomorrow.

To get the pre-weekend celebration started before my last shift this week, I made myself an extra fancy bowl of oatmeal this morning. I'm calling it berries-n-cream.


I topped my 1/2 cup of quick cook oats with 1 Tbsp plain yogurt, 4 sliced strawberries, a sprinkle of dried cranberries and some white chocolate chips.


After the photos, I gave it all a big stir with my spoon and dug in. The chocolate chips melt in the hot oatmeal and combine with the yogurt to give the whole bowl a nice creamy taste that is just a little bit sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment