Thursday, April 7, 2011

Box-o-Love

There are very few "good" things about a long distance relationship, but getting care packages from Keizo filled with Japanese food is pretty awesome. I received a "Sorry we missed you!" slip from the post office yesterday, and went to collect my box of treasures today. I knew it was coming because I had asked Keizo to send me a pair of black work pants I left in his apartment, but he went above and beyond (like usual--I am a very lucky girl!) and sent a whole slew of goodies.

Feels like Christmas!!


Under the pants, folded nicely on the top were several packages of instant Tokushima-style ramen noodles...


...four flavors of "Choko-boru" snacks. The one below is caramel...


...and sauces to make Ma-bo eggplant and goya melon champuru.



Also included was a kids "sushi" making kit, where you mix mysterious powders with water, pour into molds and then create your own gelatin sushi. Interested? You can watch videos on YouTube featuring similar products. While I will try it out, I think I have to save it for the next time Keizo and I are together. For one, it wouldn't be very fun without him; and two, I am pretty sure I prefer sushi made out of fish and rice over sushi-shaped gelatin (even if it's high in calcium, as it states in the pink writing along the bottom edge)



I also got back my Japanese study materials, as requested, plus a new book in the off chance that I decide to buckle down and take a Japanese Language Proficiency Test. My next stay in Japan is likely to be a way off, as I am leaning towards starting my Master's degree in the fall at the University of Virginia, but if I ever want to find a job there, having proof of my Japanese language skills (or lack thereof at the moment) will come in handy.

Nice light reading---not! At least I now have a lot of snacks to keep my brain fueled.


すばらし箱を送れてありがとうございました!!

No comments:

Post a Comment