Monday, January 31, 2011

Homemade Tomato Sauce

Despite my love of pasta, I have never made my own tomato sauce before. I have always relied on the ones that come in jars and packets with varying degrees of success (I tend to like the chunky Ragu ones, and dislike anything thin and reminiscent of Spaghetti-0's.)

Technically, I didn't make last week's sauce either, but I did make the salad and garlic toast while Keizo chopped, boiled, stirred and seasoned. Since wine goes so well with pasta and is a bit fancy, I decided to go all out and set the table with a candle for fun.


The salad was spinach with chopped apples, raisins and slivered almonds with a creamy dressing.


The main dish was spiral pasta with homemade sauce, chicken meat balls and the last of our
Costco cheese mixed in and baked until crispy on the top with a side of garlic toast. Keizo's tomato sauce was not too sweet and had a bit of an unusual flavor from the oyster sauce he added to the recipe he found on cookpad.com Tasty, and will definitely make it again, maybe even instead of relying on a jar!

No comments:

Post a Comment