Sunday, July 10, 2011

Tea Time

Unsurprisingly, my 5 days off last week went by in a blur. All of a sudden, it was Friday, and despite having diligently crossed things off on my to-do list all week, there really wasn't a whole lot to show for all my hard work. A bit frustrating to say the least.

Time to head into the kitchen and make something. At least there I can get some results!

I thought about baking something, but given the number of other things to get done and the outside temperature (in the triple digits!) turning on the oven was not going to happen.

Instead I made iced tea. Simple and quick, yet still more exciting than brewing a single cup of tea and adding an ice cube. I bought this tea at the end of winter, and despite the delicious sounding name, I don't care for it much hot.


The photo shows 3 tea bags for a 1 quart container, but after actually reading the instructions, which suggested brewing the tea double strength when intending to drink it cold, I added two more.


Seepage. I am sure there is a more appealing technical term for this, but I certainly don't know it.


By the time the tea had cooled on the counter from boiling to merely warm to the touch it was time for lunch! I heated up an Indian-style veggie patty in the microwave, sliced it and added it to a tortilla with spinach, bell pepper, cheese, mustard and ketchup for a delicious wrap.


The ketchup is Trader Joe's Organic, and it contains no high fructose corn syrup (HFCS). It was a sad day for me when I realized that HFCS is about the third ingredient on the list in Heinz, and I am glad that Trader Joe's measures up. I can be pretty particular about my ketchup.


Complete lunch with tea and a perfectly ripe, juicy mango on the side.


It was back to the tupperware over the weekend, for my 2nd to last shifts at the stationary store. Just two more weeks of work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment