Saturday, March 12, 2022

Currently - March '22

We started March with an early "Spring Break" in Arizona to see my family and celebrate my niece's first birthday. I took a full week off work, and finally managed to stop thinking about it sometime on Wednesday. The weather worked out in our favor, and we enjoyed a couple of hikes and a bike ride while it was 70*+ and sunny. Here's what else has been going on currently:


Saguaro National Park

collecting - While the house collects dust, I've been collecting excuses, St. Patrick's Day ideas I won't follow through on, too much junk in the trunk, and books from the Little Free Libraries in the neighborhood.

craving - Our walk through the snow this morning left us craving soup for lunch, which we made happen with some pesto sandwiches on the side. Starting yesterday afternoon and continuing today, I've been craving brownies. My parents, Keizo and I split a particularly large and delicious one from 5 Points Market & Restaurant when we went through Tucson last week, and I'm a little worried the next one I make or buy won't quite live up to it.

picturing - I've been trying to picture what life would be like if I moved back to Arizona and spent time with my family on a regular basis instead of only 2-3 times a year. On one hand, it sounds ideal; on the other, I've lived on the East Coast for 10+ years now and losing trees, four seasons, my professional network, friendships, and my very walkable neighborhood with Metro access to DC makes the decision really difficult. 

playing - When we were in Arizona, I had fun playing with my niece - passing flash cards back and forth through the door of her doll house and stacking plastic rings on her little feet and wrists. From afar, we've had some good times making funny faces at each other on FaceTime.

wishing - There was a bit less going on at work. Multiple projects have deadlines and key milestones in May and there's a lot to do between now and then. Before signing off for the weekend, I tried scheduling my to-dos on my calendar and Monday and Tuesday are pretty much booked solid. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment