Sunday, February 13, 2022

Currently - February '22

A friend said the other day that we are in the "armpit of winter," which made me chuckle, at least until I started over thinking it. Aren't armpits hot and sweaty? My feet and hands are perpetually cold. Or maybe she just meant this is a stinky time of year, in which case I have to concur. At least January is behind us and omicron cases are falling. Here's what else I've been up to currently:


loving - After a pretty restricted January - partly self-imposed (Whole30, no alcohol) and partly due to omicron - it's been nice to have more food and activity variety in February. Carbs in particular have been welcomed back with open arms - bread, pasta, and tortillas were all missed much more during the winter than when we did Whole 30 for the first time last summer.

making - So many ideas; so much less execution! This month's photo features the brightly colored yarn I purchased for making some colorful beanies for walks in the dark and I'm about a dozen rows of knitting away from finishing up a haramaki for Keizo. I made up the pattern for the haramaki and have my doubts that it will function as intended, but I had fun coming up with my own design. I've also got several friends with babies on the way, and grand designs to dye a bunch of onesies for gifts. 

taking - Another trip to AZ to see family, soak up some sunshine, and celebrate my niece's first birthday! We leave in just over a week.

wanting - Winter to be over. The days are getting longer, which is wonderful, but the weather is being less consistent with some very cold days followed by some warmer ones, then back to cold, etc. I know it's only February, but a girl can dream.

wondering - Still wondering what my goals/resolutions should be for 2022. I had been feeling inspired at the end of 2021 and made a gigantic list of ideas, but don't feel much closer to choosing any of them. 


Best of January

  • Sub-freezing bike rides - When you can't take the cabin fever any longer and you put on a bunch of layers to hop on a bike in questionable conditions. I did two of these in January, learning a bit about the art of layering each time (Hiking boots and wool socks = yes. Thinking a pair of hiking pants was windproof = no).
  • Make-up Christmas dinner and sledding with cousins - So nice to be able to get together and enjoy a classic, outdoor winter activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment