Saturday, March 9, 2019

Currently - March '19

While I am still a little bit shocked when I write out the date or look back for an email from a "week or two ago" and find that it was actually sent in January, I am glad March is here. Daylight's savings starts tomorrow, and the forecast includes some sun icons and milder temperatures for the coming week - hallelujah! What better way to celebrate than by joining my fellow spring-loving blogger Anne and others for the regular Currently link-up.



scheming - As I wait not so patiently for the weather to warm up, there's a lot of scheming about fun, outdoor activities like bike rides and camping trips. There's also scheming about weekend trips and future vacations and good bit of lamenting about the necessity of a paycheck to fund it all.

reading - I've made it through Robert Moses' childhood, university and early career days as I make my way slowly through The Power Broker. I need to read about 130 pages a month if I want to finish by the end of the year.

buying - While the hunt continues for the perfect pair of cute, lightweight pajama pants to replace the ones I accidentally left behind on a trip, I did recently find suitable replacements for an old pair of casual sneakers and a white lace top that has seen better days. :-)

making - Some adjustments to my diet as logging all of my food intake for the past two weeks has been quite illuminating. Not only have I learned that I am consistently falling short of my daily protein goals, but I've also been reminded of how tracking my calories before helped me get into a really good exercise routine (something I certainly wouldn't mind having again).

accomplishing - This past week, I'm proud of running twice in a last minute effort to follow the training plan for a 10K on St. Patrick's Day and crossing several lingering, uninteresting tasks off of my to-do list at work.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh much scheming about bike rides over here too... sadly our almost 50s temperatures is coming with rain this week. Hope some of your schemes come true, and you have a great St. Patrick's Day run as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the St. Patrick's Day race went well! Good luck with the pajama hunt too. I also need new ones, that's on my list too.

    ReplyDelete