Sunday, February 10, 2019

Currently - February '19



anticipating - a visit from my brother and his girlfriend in two weeks! Looking forward to trying some new restaurants together, visiting a museum or two, and enjoying their company.

going - to Richmond for a little change of scenery next weekend with a night in a cushy hotel, exploring new neighborhoods, and trying some new breweries.

making - chocolatety desserts. My mom has been cleaning out her recipe collection and sent me  "Make Mine Chocolate! A 1994 Recipe Calendar from Nestle." Despite being 25 years old, the recipes from April (Toll House Crumbcake) and May (Bittersweet Chocolate Pound Cake) were both winners, so today I'll be making July's Chocolate Truffle Tart to bring to dinner at a friend's house.

watching - the weather forecast. Like many other places, the past few weeks have brought 60-degree swings in temperature here in the DC region. Last Monday it was close to 60 degrees outside; tomorrow they're calling for a wintery mix. Knowing which jacket to put on before leaving the house is kind of anyone's guess!

wearing - Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Fig. I don't think the color looks anything like the color of the cap; in fact it's quite subtle which is why I like it. Me, only better (and with my pale, dry, winter skin, I'll take anything I can get)!

Linking up with Anne, as usual.

1 comment:

  1. So fun to have visitors as an excuse to try out some new places in your area. And to get to catch up with them, of course :) Getting out of town to a cushy hotel sounds pretty great too!

    ReplyDelete