Thursday, December 4, 2014

Currently - Dec '14

Joining up with Anne with a list of things I've been making, listening (to), wrapping, watching and anticipating this month. 


Salty Sesame Chocolate Chip Cookies for the Bake-Off at work.  I thought was being very clever with my choice, so I was quite surprised when I saw another batch of cookies with sesame seeds on top!  The two sesame themed recipes were actually pretty different, and neither of us won.  The well-deserved grand prize went to a chocolate caramel walnut tart that was both gorgeous and decadent. 


I've listened to a few Christmas carols, but this song has been my favorite since late summer. I fell in love with the video set in Japan, and I expect everyone at my wedding to have the sweet dance moves memorized.


I am going home for Christmas (see below) so instead of wrapping things that are just going to be jammed into my suitcase, I have started collecting the few small gifts I am taking with me into a small pile.

Mostly though I have been wrapping myself up in my new winter coat.  It's black and puffy; neither exciting nor the best option for walking home in the dark, but it has fleece-lined pockets, covers my hips and I have yet to be cold while wearing it.


I've actually seen two movies in the theater in the past month!  My brother and I saw Big Hero 6, which had some real tear-jerker moments for kids movie.  I can't wait to have my own Baymax to take care of all my health care needs.  I also saw the Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 over the long weekend.  My Hunger Games experience started with the second movie, followed by listening to all three of the books; maybe one day I will get around to watching the first movie, or maybe not.

A whole week at home for Christmas! It's been a whole year since I was last in Arizona, which seems like a very long time.  Even when I was teaching English in Japan, I made it home once in the middle of my two year stint.  I am hoping for some ridiculously sunny weather, some time with my mom's sewing machine (to make some of these), and spending time with family & friends.  Only 16 more days! 

3 comments:

  1. Salty sesame chocolate chip cookies sounds really interesting and yummy! I've never heard of that before.

    I hope you have a great Christmas!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenna. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone is up to in January's link-up!

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry I missed this earlier - December was crazy! But I love your list - those cookies sound really interesting, and a bake off would be a fun work event. Hope your week home at Christmas was great!

    ReplyDelete