Saturday, April 14, 2012

Mmmmm Bacon!

About two weeks ago, this was sent out by yours truly to all of the planning graduate students:


Then, on Easter I woke up at 8 AM to make my contribution to the group potluck: BH&G's Bacon & Egg Muffins.


I started with the bacon, something I don't think I have ever made myself.  The recipe only called for 4 pieces, but it's impossible to buy just 4 pieces of bacon at the store.  Also, while it smells wonderful, bacon is a mess to cook, so I decided to cook up the entire package at once.


Next, I used some of the bacon drippings to scramble the eggs and...


...grease the muffin pan as suggested by the recipe.  


The rest of the muffin came together quickly, even with my addition of  some extra bacon bits.




The bacon greased muffin tin was filled with bacon laden muffin mix and topped with more bacon. (Do you see a theme here?)


Baked until the edges of the muffins pulled away from the pan and bacon on top looked nice and crispy.


The potluck didn't draw a huge crowd, but there was plenty of scrumptious food and absolutely glorious weather.


I filled up my plate (more than once) soaked up some sunshine, and threw a few bocce balls before it was time to pack up, head home and hit the books...


...and scrub the bacon grease off the stove.  At least the morning was enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment