Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sunday Stew

The Crock-Pot made another appearance this week, working hard on dinner for me while I spent two and half hours attempting to redesign a strip mall with my group for class. We thought we had something pretty good, until Monday's critique with practicing architect/recently elected city council member sent us back to the drawing board.

At least my dinner was good; and on the first try too! I chose this recipe to help use up some of the family size bag of fish filets I bought months back and haven't used since. I liked that it called for a bunch of vegetables too, a complete meal in one pot!


It's still too early for holiday references in my book, but white onion, green zucchini and red bell pepper do look very festive tossed together.


Not quite so much with frozen fish and dried cilantro liberally sprinkled on the top.


My apartment smelled pretty fishy when I got back from my group meeting, but once I turned off the Crock-Pot it wasn't as noticeable. And after I took a few bites, I didn't even care. Served with some fresh foccacia rolls from the store, it was an excellent dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment