Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sophisticated Tastes

Outside of my apartment when I got home yesterday:


Grey and damp. Guess I won't be eating on the patio:


But I will gladly have one of these:


To sip while I work on my tres elegante dinner of convenience with a side of comfort.


There's the convenience, made a bit fancier with tuna and some frozen veggies stirred in.


The comfort started with these guys, spoils from last Saturday's trip to the Graves Mountain Harvest Festival.


First sliced...


...then diced and thrown into a big pot.

With 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 cup of water, 1 tsp cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg.


Then boiled 20-25 minutes, until resembling beef stew! (The result of some apples cooking faster than others.)



Thankfully, my home-made apple sauce didn't smell like beef stew, and tasted wonderful, all spiced and warm.


Two sublime antidotes to the weather outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment