Friday, February 11, 2011

Home of the Sandwich

Sandwiches are not originally from Scottsdale, Arizona, but they are one of my favorite things to eat at home. Keizo and I concocted some amazing sandwiches in our first 72 hours stateside.

First up: spinach, green peppers, sundried tomatoes and pepper jack. The rolls were toasted and the cheese melted. We added some hummus for moisture and a dollop of leftover potato salad on the side and headed to the patio for lunch. Ahhh the joys of winter in the desert!


The next day: Ham and cheese for Keizo, plain cheese for me on a crusty baguette from the grocery store (I am trying to return to my mostly vegetarian ways while I am home.) After the ham, Keizo's second favorite sandwich ingredient are sweet pickles. I tend to agree with him on this one. American pickles are so different from the zillions of Japanese varieties, it's hardly appropriate to call them by the same name, but there really isn't another word for salt cured vegetables.

Lunch is such a great meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment