Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dinner among the rocks

That's the moon second night of our stay in Zion National Park. The photo is from our post-dinner walk...er, waddle...near the lodge.

After a day of hiking and taking in the awesome rock formations around us, it was very nice to sit down and have someone serve us dinner in the warm dinning room. Keizo started out with a local beer, served in a very nice Zion pint glass. He enjoyed the glass so much he bought one to take back Japan. I hope it fits in the cabinet.


Still feeling a tad nutrient deprived from the Vegas portion of the trip, we both added the salad bar to our entrees.


I chose salmon with creamy pesto pasta for dinner, which was delicious and enough to fill me up, let Keizo have 1/2 of what was left, and take the last 1/4 back to our room to put in the cooler!


Keizo ordered "Chipotle Chicken," but what he got was nothing like what I imagined when I tried my best to describe it to him. The chicken was pretty spicy without any smoky flavor to it. I don't think it was one of his favorites, but food has to be pretty bad for him to leave any behind. He did enjoy the wild rice and veggies though.


And for dessert we split a massive piece of caramel apple pie a la mode. Hence the waddling around the lodge and parking lot after dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment