Sunday, January 22, 2017

Real Life Resolutions vol. 2

Another year, another opportunity to set goals, and if you're me, another chance to try and find the most effective goal setting/accountability method. In 2014-2015, I worked to check things off of my 30 before 30 list; in 2016 I pared my resolutions down to six things that I could easily remember.

Both methods had their pros and cons. The 30 before 30 list was varied and had a good balance of smaller and larger goals, but overall was rather ambitious. Having only six things to focus on in 2016 felt more manageable, although in the end I didn't feel like I achieved much more by having fewer items on the list.


For 2017, I've chosen three big goals as well as some weekly and monthly habits to work on.

Weekly/Biweekly

  • Spend time on Sunday preparing for the week
  • Work on a blog post
  • Volunteer


Monthly

  • Update calendar at the beginning of the month
  • Try a new restaurant
  • Have people over
  • Review budget at the end of the month


2017

  • Complete a half marathon
  • Pass AICP Exam
  • Go back to Japan

Okay, 2017 - let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment