Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Currently - January 2017

Happy New Year! It seems fitting for my first post of the year to be a part of the link-up that I look forward to each month and has kept this blog going when not much else has. To see what other's are up to this month, please go visit Anne and Jessica


***


gathering - We hosted my family for Christmas, and it was so nice to all be gathered in one spot for a few days. My parents are now off to Peru for two weeks (lucky them!) and I am looking forward to going home to AZ in March for a wedding.


making - Handmade new year's cards. In Japan, almost everyone sends nengajo cards ahead of time, and the post office bundles them up nicely to deliver on January 1. I thought an extra week (vs. Christmas cards) might help us get them out on time, but I am still working on them.

sipping - I enjoyed a few glasses of egg nog laced with bourbon over the holidays, and found them to be a lovely way to enjoy something sweet and unwind after dinner. 


following - Political news in small doses, and trying to find the right balance between understanding what's going on and not becoming completely demoralized. 


resolving - While my goals for the year are still coalescing, I have resolved to not watch any Netflix/Amazon Prime for the month of January. One of my goals from last year was to make time for hobbies, and I probably would have made more progress without the binge watching! 

***This bright blue sky captured during the the first bike ride of the year on January 1 gives me hope for 2017.

3 comments:

  1. I am with you on the news consumption...I'm just barely back to listening to NPR in the car, I have to admit. And first bike ride of the year - lucky you! It's going to be months before I can get mine back on the road with all the snow and cold around here. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh homemade New Years cards, that's so impressive! And good luck on your goal. I just recently started rewatching Gilmore Girls on Netflix, and it can be such a time suck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of handmade New Year's cards! I handmade some thank you cards but I still need to send them out :O. My fiancé and I do the Japanese tradition of watching the sunrise on New Year's Day! I love it 10x more than staying up until midnight (though I still love that too).
    What an awesome resolution to not watch Netflix/Amazon Prime in Jan. to make time for your hobbies!

    ReplyDelete