Sunday, August 7, 2011

PB, B & J

After two failed attempts (Friday and Saturday) of getting up at a normal time so that I could go jogging before it got really hot, I managed to get myself up, dressed and out the door before 9 AM today. Before I left, I drank some water and ate about 1/2 a banana. By the time I finished my jog, cooled off a bit and stretched, it was about 10 AM and I was very ready for some breakfast.

Although eating 1/2 of a banana and leaving the rest behind runs in the family (my maternal grandfather did it all the time) I know that my immediate family members don't look too kindly on this practice so I wanted to use up the remaining half before it got brown. I toasted some wheat bread, smeared on some PB, added a layer of banana slices and some homemade strawberry jam and made a sandwich.


Note the triangles. This is the way all sandwiches should be cut in my opinion. Even wraps/subs should be cut on a angle so you have a nice point to stick in your mouth. Corners and flat edges don't make nice starting points for sandwich enjoyment.


The day got off to a good start, but my level of productivity has been in a downward slide post-shower. I am tired of packing, and I saved the hardest part for last---my clothes. Why am I so attached to things I don't even wear?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment