Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dinner for One

And so it begins...again. "It" being life as a responsible adult, going to school full time, working part time, keeping my apartment looking half way decent and cooking for myself on a regular basis. Life under my parent's roof for the last two years was getting really way too comfortable, so I am excited to be on my own, but it's certainly a lot of change to deal with all at once!

Rule #1, (which I have been forgetting and paying the price for) is to start cooking dinner before you are ravenously hungry! Whatever you are working on will still be there after you finish cooking; unlike half of the ingredients you were going to use, which will disappear during the cooking process.

Luckily, I managed to save enough food to actually make some fairly decent meals so far.

Sunday: Pasta with sauteed farmer's market produce (onions, corn, tomatoes and mixed greens) and a healthy sprinkling of parmesean.


Tuesday: Brown rice and black beans with mixed veggies and salsa, topped with plain Greek yogurt. Took some of the leftovers for lunch today; just as good cold!


Wednesday: Whole wheat tortilla quesadilla with chunks of gourmet farmer's market veggie burger, garnished with avocado and salsa. Corn on the cob on the side.


Having finished my reading for school (at least for tomorrow,) it is now time to curl up with some reading for fun. I hope to get to the post about eating my way across the country over the weekend ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment