Friday, August 5, 2011

It's Friday, Friday, Friday

Friday means I can start dinner preparations with one of these!


I sometimes start dinner preparations with one of those on days that are not Friday, but beer tastes extra nice at the end of the week.

Tonight's menu was adapted from last week's Joy the Baker "Quinoa Black Bean Mango Salad" recipe. I didn't use any millet, nor did I substitute anything for it. After putting quinoa on the stove to simmer, I sliced up this beauty:


and threw it in a large bowl with chopped green onions, black beans and some lemon juice.


Later I added the quinoa, a little olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.


Quesadillas (no kimchi in these, unfortunately) and scrumptious cherries rounded out the meal.



A nice start to the weekend, which isn't shaping up to be much different from my week---more packing, school paperwork, meals out with friends and tying up of loose ends. Road trip to Charlottesville, VA starts on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment