Monday, March 7, 2011

Lunching Alone

Keizo purchased a non-refundable ticket for his trip to the States, so we said goodbye for the time being on February 28th. Even if he had been able to change the date of his return, he had a work event on March 6th to get back to, which you can see some fun photos of here.

Not having any real job prospects and fearing that Japanese Immigration might not want to let me into the country on my 4th tourist visa since leaving in 2009, I am in Arizona for a bit, trying to figure out what to do next. There are some big decisions to make, and it's overwhelming to say the least. I even turned down my mom's offer to take me out for gelato. Something is not quite right...

But life goes on; there's food to be made and eaten and this blog has been a good outlet since its inception so it will continue. Think of it as "Two betsu betsu baras" or "two very very separate stomachs."

On to the food--today's topic is lunch, which I have been enjoying on the patio lately. It's been almost in the 80's here, which is lovely taken by itself, but a bit scary when you think about how it will only get hotter for the next 5 months.

Lunch 1: Leftovers! Homemade soup, salad from the Cheesecake Factory with some bread on the side. I ate this two days in a row.


Lunch 2: Wrap with turkey, provolone, spinach and roasted red peppers with a side of pear. The pears have been pretty good lately. I generally prefer Asian pears (a.k.a. nashi) because they are crunchier and less sweet than the American varieties, but this one held up pretty well and still had a bit of crunch to it without being under ripe.



No comments:

Post a Comment