Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Family Affair

Much to my mother's delight, both my brother Andrew and I have developed an affinity for experimenting in the kitchen. I tend to do more baking, but Andrew has really taken the metaphorical cake with some of the dinners he has prepared for us during his breaks from school.

Over the weekend we enjoyed turkey chorizo burgers and Baja inspired fish tacos, both of which were accompanied by Andrew's signature guacamole.

The fish tacos consisted of fresh baked tortillas topped with breaded tilapia fillets, "Baja" sauce (mayonaise, sirracha hot sauce, jalapenos, onion and cumin), cabbage and guacamole.

Andrew breaded the fish with a mixture of cornmeal, chili powder and salt and pepper for flavor, then pan-fried it. The preparations took a while, but the actual cooking time in this recipe was quite minimal, easily less than 15 minutes.

Delicioso! I wish he made it home more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment