Monday, December 20, 2010

Happy Holidays!

Look at the festive the peppers I picked up at the farm store on Sunday!


This is probably going to be my last post for a while, since the holidays are upon us and I will be busy attempting to entertain my brother Andrew after his arrival in Fukuoka tomorrow morning. We will be meeting up with extended family in Fukuoka on the 24th (my cousin Mike spent the fall semester studying abroad in Osaka) and attending Keizo's rugby game on Christmas together, followed by "Christmas Dinner" at the apartment. I am planning a big Japanese style nabe (hot pot) followed by the Christmas cake we ordered from the bakery up the street.

But before I start cleaning the apartment, finishing my grad school statements and writing some New Year's cards, here's one more meal from the past weekend. In my recipe collection it goes by the name "Orange Tofu Stir Fry," which is a tad un-inspiring, but at least I know where to find it. It goes together quickly; a perfect meal for one when Keizo is playing rugby in Okinawa.

Again, not sure why the picture wants to be sideways, but here it is. The sauce is orange juice, soy sauce, some sugar, chili paste and cornstarch. I used carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, some of the festive peppers from the photo above, and of course, more hakusai. Thankfully, by cooking it and smothering it in sauce, you can't really tell how limp it has become. Just one more serving to go!

Happy holidays! Please stop by again in a week or two for more food-y adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment