Sunday, May 19, 2024

Currently - May '24

Seems impossible that we're more than halfway through May, but so it goes. I'm looking forward to a long weekend next week though!

Iconic palm trees of southern CA

loving - A new addition to our easy dinner rotation: fish tacos made with Trader Joe's fish sticks, cabbage slaw, and sriracha mayo on top. On Friday, we added some homemade pineapple salsa for a little something extra heading into the weekend.

looking forward to - Earlier this month, I was really looking forward to getting a haircut and attending an outdoor concert / picnic with my parents for Mother's Day. Both have since happened (yay), so I've shifted my sights to my younger niece's 1st birthday party next weekend. 

seeing - My colleagues in the L.A. office in person; after working together for over a year, I made the trip out for a bike ride with our clients and advisory team members. The ride went really well, I enjoyed a couple of days in the office, and getting re-oriented to the greater Los Angeles region. I used transit to get to and from the airport on both ends of my trip, which worked really well.

reading - I've just finished all of the Anne Hillerman mysteries, set in the Navajo Nation of northern AZ and NM. I'll probably go back and read some of her father's next, though maybe be a bit more intentional about requesting them in order, since my local branch library doesn't usually have them. I've also just picked up a mystery by Keigo Higashino, an author that Keizo has been enjoying lately.

wanting - To get a few more trips (away from the desert) planned for this summer. It's really not 'hot' yet, but the days of doing anything outside, other than jumping into a pool somewhere, are numbered. 


Best of April

  • 1st hot yoga class - Friends invited us to join them at their fancy gym. It was very intense, but I can see why people do it. 
  • Work travel - Having excellent colleagues makes traveling for work so much more fun. It was treat to be in Emporia, KS (disc golf capital of the world) with my office's resident disc golfer!
  • Gravel biking in Patagonia, AZ - Awesome scenery and cute small town. Poor cell service and a missed turn led to a bit of an adventure, but everyone made it back in one piece. 


No comments:

Post a Comment