Sunday, April 18, 2021

Currently - April '21

January, February and the early part of March seemed to take forever, but now all of a sudden, we're heading into late April! I don't know that I'm that much busier than I was at the beginning of the year, but the longer evenings and better weather have helped make a wider variety of activities more appealing and the weeks seem to be flying by.


arranging - The bins that hold our camping stuff. We forgot a few things (thankfully, nothing critical) on our first camping trip of the season over Easter weekend, and I came home determined to get our camping bins organized and stocked with all of the basics to facilitate future trips with minimal planning/packing. Having recently watched the entire Get Organized with the Home Edit series probably fed this need as well!

craving - I made Seven Layer Magic Bars with an Easter twist (using Cadbury Mini Eggs as one of the layers) for our camping trip. It had been a long time since I'd eaten a magic bar and even longer since I made them, and they did not disappoint. I have everything to make another batch, but it feels a bit dangerous when I'd be at home alone with them all day!

discussing - Almost every conversation these days turns to vaccines at some point. In my small social circle, more and more people have gotten their first dose, some of them driving for hours to get it. Keizo and I got our calls to make appointments last week, and as of yesterday have received our first doses! We both felt a little tired afterwards, but it's hard to know whether that was a direct side effect or more the result of a busy week for both of us.

enjoying - Our new hammock stand. It's portable for short distances (sort of like carrying a couple of camping chairs at once) and can be set up anywhere flat. It's nice to be able to choose the level of sun/shade and not have to worry about having properly spaced, sturdy trees nearby.

preparing - I don't think I'm preparing as much as being slightly anxious about having more decisions to make after we're vaccinated. 

***

And before it becomes even more of a blur, here are a few good things I want to remember about March:

  • St. Patrick's Day dinner and dessert - My very first time making corned beef and veggies, followed by Guinness Brownies with Bailey's Cream Cheese Frosting. The frosting was the easily the best part.
  • Bike ride to see some early cherry blossoms in Capitol Hill (the source of this month's photo above).
  • Some weather that made drinking beers on brewery patios not only possible, but thoroughly enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment