Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Currently - June '20

Currently, there's a lot to process and everyone has to find their own way to do it.

source

For me, part of the processing means really thinking about and discussing these questions written for white people by my colleague Tamika Butler:

  1. Do I understand that not being racist isn’t the same as being anti-racist?
  2. Why am I so afraid to be brave enough to confront my power and privilege?
  3. What am I waiting for to de-center whiteness and realize just because I have never experienced it (or seen the research to prove it) doesn’t mean it isn’t real?
  4. What am I doing every single day to force myself to think about racism and white supremacy?
  5. What am I doing every single day to stop the killing of black people?
I hope you will too. 

3 comments:

  1. You summed up some of my currently feelings so well - it is a lot to process. I really appreciate this resource for thinking/discussion that you shared. What a helpful way to frame things for processing and for hopefully propelling ourselves toward much more action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all very important questions!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been processing all these questions as well and really trying to lean into what is being said and shared right now with an open heart. It's a lot to try to weed through, but it has helped me really focus on where my beliefs have been and where I can make needed shifts. #currently

    ReplyDelete