Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Currently - August '15

It's that time again already! Please go visit the Currently link-up hosts, Anne and Jenna and take a peek at what others have been up to. 

*
As usual, I can hardly believe another month has come and gone, but I am actually glad to see August for a change. Keizo has his visa interview scheduled for the 17th, and after nearly a month of physical therapy I can actually pedal on the stationary bike (I dislocated my right knee cap on July 4th and for weeks could not bend my leg enough for a full rotation) Things are definitely looking up!

creating - a growing pile of half-finished projects. Knitting, blog posts, recipes to try, doodles...you name it, and I've probably started it. I've been finishing up some books instead.

wishlisting - I really should be hunting for a nice belated birthday/fiance-visa celebration gift for Keizo, but I have been dreaming about a new bicycle for a while, and the big 3-0 coming up in September seems like a great time to splurge. Maybe a pair of bikes for epic two-wheeled adventures?

hoping - to be rid of the knee brace I've been wearing pretty much 24/7 for the past month. Sure, it's "breathable mesh" and has flexible hinge so I can bend my leg, but I am starting to get a weird tan and the velcro sometimes gets caught on stuff.

eating - Sitting around for a month certainly hasn't dampened my appetite at all. Lately it's been a lot of smoothies for breakfast (including this Strawberry Mint one) and homemade pesto pasta salad for lunch and dinner.

watching - My forced convalescence has permitted me ample time to study my heroine, Liz Lemon and get drawn into the never-ending intrigue and sabotage of Revenge on Netflix.

*This month's photo: nothing quite says summer like a grilled cheese and a milkshake enjoyed by the side of a highway on a 90+ degree day. Work trips are always much better when they include a stop at the Moo-Thru.

1 comment:

  1. Yipes, glad to hear that injury is getting better!! I just got a new bike and am loving it, especially going out with my husband. Sounds like it would be the perfect splurge for the two of you :)

    ReplyDelete