Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Currently - June '15



playing - with kettlebells for the first time today during a 6 AM bootcamp fitness class. My goal is to go twice a week for the month of June.

going - on a bike ride once a week.There are some great trails around here once you figure out how to get them!

wearing - mostly skirts and dresses to work; sandals when I can get away with it.

sipping - flavored seltzer in lieu of beer/cocktails at home. It's bathing suit season and I am not feeling it.

reading - a new stack of books from the library. Two mysteries, a graphic novel of unusual DC history, a vegetable cookbook and a non-fiction tome about presidential marriages.

See what others are up to "currently" at Anne in Residence and Gold & Bloom.

10 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try a kettlebell class! They look pretty challenging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April - they are definitely heavier than they look! Thanks for stopping by :-)

      Delete
  2. Love a good stack of library books - especially if there are some mysteries in there. And good for you on the 6am class! I've never done much with kettlebells - that would be fun for something different. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When kettlebells first became big, I thought: "it's a fad. I don't need them" and now years later, I'm thinking "Why have I not bought them yet!?" I'll have to try them out somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cara - I've only used them once so far, and didn't feel the need to get my own. The ones from class were pretty heavy; I'd need a special place for them where I wouldn't have to move them around very often. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Oh, kettlebells. Never done a workout with them. I'm still trying to love (tolerate) running. Good for you! Also, I've been thinking more about investing in a bike. I had one in college and rode it everywhere on campus. I'd like to have one for the days I don't feel like running, but still want to get out!

    A vegetable cookbook sounds interesting! I love veggies. What is the name of that book? I'm interested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess - the book I got from the library is titled (appropriately) "Eat Your Vegetables" by Joe Yonan. I've tried two recipes, and so far so good. Pretty easy to make and tasty to boot. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Ahhh, Kettlebells. When I actually worked out (I've taken like a year break), I used those in one of my favorite workouts. I remember being so sore after!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - the class is definitely challenging muscles that don't get much use otherwise. I don't know that kettlebells will become a favorite, but I didn't think I would like Insanity when I did it back in the day either. Who knows?!

      Thanks for hosting!

      Delete