Sunday, March 30, 2014

Soup for the Soul

Lately, life has been a lot like this with some even more precipitous valleys:


source

I am not quite ready to share it all here, but getting back into my kitchen this evening to make dinner has really helped things feel a bit more normal.

Tonight's dish was Mexican White Bean Soup, which I chose for three reasons.  The first reason was I found that I had all of the ingredients (minus the celery) on hand.  The second reason was that I remembered it being pretty good.  The third and most depressing reason was that it's still wintery outside and even with a sweater on, I've been chilly all day.  Bah!





Thankfully, the soup did not disappoint.  It only took about 45 minutes for the beans to become tender (not the 60 to 90 minutes listed in the recipe) and was nice and warm both in temperature and spice.  The salsa I used was labeled "hot" and worked well for my taste.  I topped my soup with some plain Greek yogurt and made a quick spinach and cheese quesadilla for dipping.

There's plenty of leftover soup for lunch this week, which I look forward to eating outside in the sun.  Please don't let me down!

source

No comments:

Post a Comment