Sunday, January 29, 2012

In with the new

In talking with my fellow classmates, I have found I am not alone when I to go to the grocery store, buy a dozen things and then come home only to realize I have nothing that actually makes a meal.  So, as the semester was starting, I decided it was time to kick this habit and try some menu planning instead!

Tofu Sloppy Joes was one of three recipes I planned out for last week.  Most of the ingredients I had on hand, but I had to purchase buns, tomato sauce and tofu.


I loved that the sauce was so easy.  And yummy.


The recipe makes a lot!  I also threw in some frozen peas and corn towards the end for extra veggies.


And as is tradition at home, served it up open faced with some cole slaw on top.


Menu planning worked well last week, but now I have a lot of leftovers.  I think this week's trip to the store will be dictated by when my coffee runs out rather than any set meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment