Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

..for baking!  And eating dessert after every meal!  Or any time you happen to wander through the kitchen!

There are so many things to love about the holidays.  Some of my favorite activities include wrapping presents, looking at Christmas lights, and holiday baking.  Most people do not need any more sweets around the holidays, but when it comes to simple, homemade gifts I cannot resist giving baked goods.  I get to do something I enjoy, while also assuring I will not be eating an entire batch of cookies by myself!

Last year, I made easy peppermint bark and packed it in recycled glass jars to give as gifts.  With no final presentations to give or papers to write this year, I got a little more ambitious and baked a few of my favorites:



Collage template from pizap.com


The adorable packaging came from the dollar bins at Michael's, and turned out even cuter that I thought it would be.  The gift tags were cut out from Trader Joe's (2011?) holiday bags and tied on with red yarn. 




Since being home in AZ, I have made another batch of PB blossoms, since they are a family favorite, and baked a quick batch chocolate chip cookies from refrigerated cookie dough.  However, I have not been as good about shopping for gifts as I have been about baking them!  How is it that there are only 4 days left until Christmas?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment