Monday, September 30, 2013

A Week of Eats--September 23

I didn't have much time to cook last week, which worked out fine in the end since I was still finishing some leftovers at the beginning of the week and went out to celebrate my birthday at the end.



Clockwise from top L:

  • Oatmeal with bananas, yogurt, peanut butter and granola.  I have made two rather unfortunate bowls of oatmeal recently; I think I need to experiment with longer cooking times and less liquids.
  • I feasted on these birthday flowers from Keizo with my eyes and nose!  They look even better now that they have bloomed more fully.
  • Spiced lentil soup, the one meal I managed to throw together for the week.
  • Egg breakfast sandwich on naan with a plum on the side.
  • Recovery food. I had a headache most of the day on Friday, but wouldn't dream of missing my birthday celebration that evening.  I went and had a great time...and then could hardly stand up (or sit down) on Saturday with a case of the chills, body aches and headache.  So I made some instant soup with lots of vegetables; these are the leftovers I ate on Sunday with a zucchini muffin and half an Asian pear.
  • Sunday night I was feeling better so I made some coconut/peanut dressing to top my salad with.  Garlic naan on the side.
  • More muffins for breakfast with yogurt and undrinkable coffee (this is day two it has tasted really off to me...I blame being sick.  Even water tastes a little weird)
  • Leftover soup with a grilled cheese (comfort food at its best) and homemade applesauce from upstairs.


There was a huge difference in how I felt between Saturday and Sunday, but less of a difference Sunday to Monday.  Less of a headache, but more coughing.  I hope another early night will put me on the mend for the first day of October tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment