Thursday, August 8, 2013

Eight things ate of late

This post is inspired by today's date: August 8th.  Five years ago, it was 08/08/08 and an insanely popular day to get married, according to my Facebook feed.  Happy Anniversary Anna + Mike (and all of the rest of you, even if I wasn't there to see you get hitched)!!


One--I polished off the peach cobbler with some vanilla ice cream.  Note to self: get some more peaches before they are all gone.  Topping and ice cream are optional, but go big or go home, right?



Two--This "Enchilada Casserole," was not one of my better creations.  I am going to blame the jar of green enchilada sauce I used.



Three--The last piece of enchilada casserole drowned in fresh green salad with a garden tomato.



Four--Spicy breakfast eggs on toast.



Five--Homemade pickles, batch one.  The cucumbers keep on coming, so there will likely be more batches in my future.



Six--"Easiest Ever Choucroute" recipe torn from an old Family Circle magazine.  Choucroute is French for sauerkraut, and this came out pretty tasty, just in case you were wondering.



Seven--I bought ground turkey to make meal #8, but only used half of it, so I made turkey patties with the rest.  Topped with homemade pickles and some amazing grapes that held up in the fridge for over a week while I forgot about them.



Eight--Slow cooker cabbage rolls with rice; garden cucumber topped with cottage cheese, salt and pepper.  See the link for an appetizing photo; this was the best I could come up with!


No comments:

Post a Comment