Sunday, July 28, 2013

July in VA

This has been a crazy wonderful month.  I rang in the start of July boarding a cruise ship with my family in Whittier, Alaska; spent 20+ hours stuck in the Atlanta airport trying to get back to Virginia from said trip; then jumped back into work for 5 days only to leave again for the APA VA chapter conference in Landsdowne.  It's been nice to be so busy--I do a slightly better job of managing my time when there is "less" of it--but on the other hand, it is very nearly the end of July and I am no where near where I thought I would be in terms of finding a permanent job/cleaning out my apartment etc.

Since I need to be addressing that important stuff, I am going to let these photos do most of the talking:

Excellent finds at the Farmer's Market.

Caprese skewers for Margot's bachelorette picnic

The spread at M's bachelorette picnic

Is your champagne not festive enough?  Add some gummy bears.

Pumpkin oats, using leftovers from Keizo'  rather belated b-day cookies.

I am so proud of my little garden, particularly the carrots!

Okonomiyaki with carrot greens from the garden

Breakfast scramble with homegrown heirloom tomatoes

Roughly 5lbs of peeled/sliced peaches

Peach/blueberry cobbler.  Mmmmmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment