Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Week of Eats: August 12

This week brings us squarely into mid-August, but with the weather recently has made it feel more like mid-September.  I woke up to temperatures in the low 60's this week, and didn't feel like I needed a full on shower after biking into work, always a plus!

The change in weather hasn't been dramatic enough to really cause a change in my kitchen, except for the pancakes I made this morning.  Waking up late to a consistent drizzle made them all the more delicious.









Other meals that made the cut:

  • tuna melt with tomatoes and a side of homemade pickles
  • breakfast smoothie made with peaches, bananas, orange juice, vanilla protein powder and cinnamon roll flavored yogurt--AMAZING!
  • Sunday breakfast set up: pancakes and blog reading
  • turkey sandwich with tomatoes and cucumbers dipped in sesame dressing 
  • chef salad of sorts with more pickles (can't seem to get enough!)


I spent most of last Saturday out running errands and learned that a mental list is no substitute for a written one.  I failed to buy anything on my "list" at Target and instead left the store with this:



On the bright side, my total at the register was only $7, something rather unheard of around here; and I had a fun Sunday morning baking project.

No comments:

Post a Comment