Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday

I woke up thinking I would be attending a Super Bowl Party, so immediately after breakfast I got to work on my contribution: the appropriately themed Chocolate Covered Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Footballs from the blog Peas and Thank You.

First I gathered my ingredients,


arranged Keizo in the oranges (conveniently located near an outlet for charging)



and got to mixing.  This recipe is easy to follow and create, but has a few steps which require some resting in between which is why I started early.


All of the dough ingredients combined, I pre-heated the oven and got to shaping my footballs.


 

After the balls had baked and cooled, I melted chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp of canola oil in the microwave.


Then I grabbed some chopsticks (a kitchen utensil I find almost as useful as scissors!) and began dipping.  At least the dough balls are now more of the right color!


I put the covered footballs back in the fridge until after lunch, when I piped chocolate laces onto them.  I think they would have looked better with white, but I used up the last of my powdered sugar in the dough and already had some chocolate frosting in the fridge to use up!


Alas, the headache and congestion I began experiencing on Thursday didn't dissipate after a few hours of being awake like it did on Friday and Saturday, so I decided not to attend the Super Bowl party. :-(  I did send most of the footballs along with my housemates.  The ones that got stuck here with me are rapidly diminishing in number, so I don't expect any of the others to make it back.

*****

Without a buffet of high calorie snacks to choose from, I was stuck making my own dinner.  I had already eaten leftovers for lunch, but I kept it simple again with a veggie burger, carrots & hummus and cup of instant potato soup.



Nachos, wings and chocolate covered footballs, this meal was not.  But neither do I have a stomachache to accompany the headache, and I consider that a VICTORY.

No comments:

Post a Comment