Sunday, February 26, 2012

Stocked

Since I have a sinking feeling this week will be just as busy as last week, I wanted to plan and prepare some of my food in advance.  I got started shortly after dragging myself out of bed around 8:45 this morning.  

First step was coffee, then I started hard boiling some eggs.  I have really been enjoying these lately and ate one for breakfast.


While eggs took their hot bath, I chopped up veggies for roasting.  They filled the silver bowl to overflowing, and I tossed them with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, S & P before roasting on a cookie sheet at 400*F for 30 minutes.


Eggs were removed from boiling water, given an icy bath, labeled and put back in the fridge for use sometime this week.


I re-used the egg water to boil lasagna noodles.  The pot may have been a little small, but since the pasta would cook again in the oven, I wasn't too worried


Pause here for 10 AM Insanity.  Look how committed we are---5th day in a row!!  Today was "Pure Cardio," and it was nice to the see the people in video wimping out almost as quickly as we did.

Post workout, I guzzled some chocolate milk.  I've been told it's an excellent post-work out recovery drink, with carbohydrates, protein, and calcium.  A quick Google search confirmed this, as well as my suspicion that the studies were funded by the National Dairy Council but I will use any excuse to consume more chocolate!  It may be working though, because I have not been as sore as I thought I would be following the switch to Insanity.

While I still had energy, I constructed my lasagna.  I followed my mom's general recipe, which is less of a recipe and more layering instructions, but is nonetheless responsible for the creation of my favorite lasagna on the planet.

Sauce, noodles, cottage cheese, spinach...


...noodles, sauce, cottage cheese, roasted veggies, shredded cheese and the last "soysage" from last week.


Finished off with more spinach, the last layer of noodles, sauce and parmesean.


Baked for a while at 400*F, which may have been a tad too warm.  The top turned out a bit crispy, but hopefully a week in the fridge will soften it up again.



Dinner for the week!  Plus I still have Thai Fried Quinoa leftovers and I made a double recipe of Mexican-style rice for dinner.  Rice plus roasted veggies, tuna, cottage cheese, guacamole and hot sauce = tasty fajita bowl in a jiffy.



Fridge is set for quick, easy dinners.


Now it's back to the homework.


No comments:

Post a Comment