Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sunday Stew II

There's definitely a pattern going on here. And why not cook a whole bunch of food on Sunday for meals throughout the week? Especially when it only takes about 15 minutes to throw in all the ingredients, and the Crock Pot does the rest!

This week's menu: Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup.




Peas, crudely chopped vegetables and sausage are topped with chicken broth and left to simmer. Mine cooked for about 7 hours on low, then I turned it up to high for the last hour. Judging by how mushy the carrots got, 7 hours on low was probably fine. The extra hour was more a mind trick I played on myself to prevent me from eating too early and getting hungry later on.


Now, if you will excuse me, I have another bowl of split pea soup to slurp.

No comments:

Post a Comment