Monday, December 5, 2011

Blog > Essay Writing

Just a quick post that I am hoping will put me into writing mode so I can finish my paper that is due tomorrow.

One highlight of my Thanksgiving weekend was a trip to Trader Joe's, where I stocked up on "necessities" like whole wheat tortillas, low carb chocolate, gingerbread flavored coffee and ridiculously cheap, ripe avocados! Two of these ingredients found their way into my dinner last week. Guess which ones.

My mother graciously emailed me this recipe for "Mexican Lasagna." Tortillas take the place of noodles and regular tomato sauce is replaced by a bean/tomato/onion/olive/enchilada sauce extravaganza. The cheese part stays about the same.


Alternate layers of the ingredients listed above and sprinkle the top with tortilla chip crumbs and bake for 20 minutes at 350* F.


My mom's instructions said to serve with salsa on top, but I opted for some avocado instead, with a side of plum, which is another Trader Joe's find, but not quite as noteworthy as 4 ripe avocados for $2.99 and a $4 bottle of Chardonnay.


My new holiday placemats were also purchased Thanksgiving weekend, on Black Friday no less! I bought them and a Pyrex measuring cup for myself at Homegoods. Wild, I know. The trip to Trader Joe's was way worse for the wallet!

And writing this is probably bad for my grades. Back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment