Thursday, December 29, 2011

Easy on the Eyes

This post was originally going to be called "Christmas Cheesecake," but seeing as how Christmas was nearly a month ago now, it certainly isn't timely anymore. The following dessert was in fact made and served on Christmas, and it might just be one of the prettiest things I have ever made.

I followed this contest-winning recipe from Taste of Home almost exactly, and it paid off.


My beautiful, crack-free cheese cake. I was skeptical about needing to wrap the pan in foil and placing it water to bake, but in the end I am pretty sure these "extra" steps kept the top silky smooth.


And if rich maple-ly goodness wasn't enough, there was cranberry compote to put on the top! The compote had both fresh and dried cranberries.


My biggest regret was only eating two pieces before I left for Japan. One Christmas night and another for breakfast on the 26th. I definitely should have packed some for the plane!




Beautiful and delicious. Would really another piece right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment