Saturday, February 2, 2019

Real Life Resolutions vol. 4


Our 2019 nengajo - Happy Year of the Boar!

I have a quote pinned on my "wise words" board that says, "The only time you should ever look back is to see how far you've come." I've come a long way in the past two years thanks in part to those detailed lists of weekly, monthly and annual goals (see 2017 and 2018).

For 2019, I'm taking more of a back-to-basics approach with four larger goals for the year:

  1. Bike across Iowa during RAGBRAI
  2. Read The Power Broker, a 1,338 page book about Robert Moses
  3. Knit something with sleeves
  4. Meet with a financial professional

This year's simpler approach comes in part from reading this article about burnout as the result of attempting to maximize every moment, and the fact that when I tried to make a list of 9 goals for 2019 I was making up goals I wasn't very excited about just to fill in the list. Not much point in that, now is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment