Sunday, May 14, 2017

Currently - May '17

Since I was so late with last month's post, it feels like I just did this, and it will feel that way again in just a few weeks when June arrives!



baking - My list of things to bake has become exponentially longer since discovering the Great British Baking Show on Netflix. I am amazed at what those bakers can create on their kitchen islands in that tent! However, my most recent creation was a batch of crowd-pleasing peanut butter chocolate chip cookies to share with my mom while she was in town for a few days last week.

listening - Not only was yesterday's Kingman Island Bluegrass Festival a fun time for the third year in a row, now I've got new bands to follow including Justin Trawick and the Common Good, The War & Treaty and Man About a Horse.

loving - Life has been a bit hectic lately with Keizo working most weekends, and my travel for both work and fun. Amid the chaos, it struck me while I was running along the beach in Florida just a week after running along the beach in California that life is pretty awesome, and the stresses of work and mismatched schedules are not permanent.

planting - My black thumb not withstanding, I hope to have a bit more time next weekend to start some herbs and maybe some tomatoes. Our summer CSA subscription starts next month, and I am looking forward to all of the fresh produce grown by professionals!

remembering - Lots of fun times during my 10-year college reunion at the end of April. While the campuses of all 5-C's have changed quite a bit, (and the students seem very young), it was fun to reminisce with my best friend and stroll around to all of our old haunts.

No comments:

Post a Comment