Monday, August 8, 2016

Currently - August '16

Unfortunately, I missed the link-up hosted by Anne and Dana this month, but here's a quick look at what I've been up to currently. In general, I am ready for these hot, hot, humid days to pass, but already starting to mourn the sun going down earlier.



hearting - keeping a 5 minute journal. The first day I tried it, I was amazed at the difference it made in how I felt about tackling some of the things on my to do list. I don't experience the same boost on a daily basis, and it can be difficult to come up with new "amazing things that happened" because I like to stick to my routines, but I've also had a few days lately where there wasn't anything in particular I wanted to change, which is really satisfying.

watching - Like many others, I am enjoying the Olympics, having started at the very beginning with the opening ceremony last Friday. Rugby is making a comeback as an Olympic sport (the last time it was featured was 92 years ago) so I think Keizo is excited too.

exploring - We enjoyed adventures in Annapolis and Seattle last month, and are looking forward to exploring a new neighborhood when we move a few miles down the road at the end of the month. We will have a second bedroom(!) and a large living/dining room(!), so I've also started exploring Pinterest for ideas.

creating - a moving to-do list. We're slowly making progress, having picked up some boxes, lined up a mover and reserved our building's freight elevator, but there's a lot of packing ahead!

eating - more vegetables to keep up with the bounty of our weekly CSA box. This week's winning recipe was Spicy Chicken and Eggplant Stir Fry.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment