Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Currently - July '16

It certainly feels like July around here, with plenty of hot, humid weather. I recommend grabbing a cold drink and taking a peek at what other's have been up to by visiting Anne and Jenna, the always gracious hosts of the Currently link up each month.

Enjoying America's pastime on America's 240th birthday! Go Nats!

toasting - Hamburger buns for tonight's dinner of leftover zucchini patties and sweet potato fries. Tomorrow we'll be toasting to Keizo's birthday and the end of his intensive summer writing class!

going - To Seattle in two weeks to celebrate a friend's wedding with a bunch of college friends. The last time I saw most of them was two years ago at another friend's wedding. We're sharing a house with the couple that got married two years ago and their adorable daughter who I am very excited to be meeting for the first time! Keizo will also be getting to meet many of my college friends for the first time too.

smelling - We've reached the height of summer, so things aren't always smelling so great but sunscreen always beats a sunburn, and I'd much rather be wearing sandals than socks!

wearing - Skirts and dresses to work, shorts and tank tops on the weekends. I have all but abandoned my pants as most are too fitted for this hot, sticky weather we've been having. I've been loving the couple of solid colored dresses I have, as they make getting ready really easy, yet can be reinterpreted multiple ways with different accessories. It's probably worth getting one more to mix in to the rotation.

wishlisting - The perfect new apartment! We're in need of a bit more space, and after two years in the same place, it's time for a change. We toured one we really liked, but sadly the landlord was looking to fill it right away and found another tenant. Hopefully we'll find something similar soon, as I really dislike having given notice but not having a new place lined up yet!

2 comments:

  1. Mmm that sounds like a great dinner. And some great things to be toasting! Have a fun trip to Seattle - I bet this is a great time to go, when it's really hot and sticky where we are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on your Seattle trip, that sounds like it will be a great time! I'm with you--I rarely pull out the pants these days either. It's lots of skirts/dresses and shorts.

    ReplyDelete